italki is always looking for ways to find more students for italki teachers!
As a global language learning market place, italki has developed a specifically-dedicated website (www.italki.cn and lite.italki.cn on mobile) for Chinese users. Your video introduction is an important part of your teaching profile on these sites!
How can I find my italki.cn teaching profile?
- Step 1: Find your italki.com profile link in the browser.
- Step 2: Replace com with cn, click enter.
Tom's italki.com profile: www.italki.com/teacher/12345
Tom's italki.cn profile: www.italki.cn/teacher/12345
Tom's italki.cn profile on mobile: lite.italki.cn/teacher/12345
Your video introduction is one of the best ways for new students to get a quick idea of what you and your lessons will be like! If you allow italki to share your video, we can use it to promote you to students through our own media channels as well as on other video hosting sites.
Be sure that your video follows italki Video Guidelines and Requirements.
Uploading your video file to italki
When you upload your video file to italki, you are the owner of your video content, and you give us permission to upload your video both to YouTube and other video hosting sites for you. This allows us to share your video with students from all over the world.
Students from countries that cannot access sites like YouTube will be able to view your video introduction and full profile on the localized versions of the italki website, because italki will be able to upload your video to video hosting sites to share with these students as well.
Here is what you will agree to when you upload your video directly to italki:
- By submitting your video to italki, you acknowledge that you agree to italki's Terms of Service. Please be sure not to violate others' copyright or privacy rights.
- You allow italki to upload your video to YouTube and to other similar sites for the purpose of promoting your teacher profile to students from all countries.
- A copy of your video will be uploaded and displayed on your italki profile to viewers from countries that are not able to access YouTube.
- A copy of your video will be uploaded to the italki YouTube channel (listed as "Public").
- The video title on YouTube will follow the format: "Learn [teaching languages] with [your name] on italki". Your italki profile link and your written introductions ("About Me", "Me as a Teacher", "About My Lessons") will be displayed in the video description on YouTube.
Please note that by uploading a new video to italki, this does not change your video that is displayed via your video URL (YouTube/Vimeo) link. Make sure that your uploaded video and video URL link are the same video.
About your italki.cn profile
The video introduction uses your uploaded video. Since sites like YouTube and Vimeo are not accessible in China, italki displays your uploaded video to these students.
If you do not have an uploaded video, the video space will be empty when students view it from China. The screenshot below shows what it looks like to students in China who cannot access YouTube: (If you can access YouTube, you will be able to see your own video)
If you have an uploaded video, then the video on your profile will be shown as in the screenshot below:
(Teacher Amy Whitney's video introduction is a great example, you can find her profile here)
If you have any questions please, contact email@example.com
If you no longer wish to teach on italki and want to remove your profile and video, please see: How can I deactivate my Teacher Profile?