General Terms and Conditions:
italki works with WebCape, TrueNorth, and Oxford Online Placement Test to provide online language placement tests for language learners.
Oxford Online Placement Test is valid for a year from the purchase date.
Italki Language test is valid for 30 days after purchase.
italki Credits need to be purchased to pay for the italki Language Test or Oxford Online Placement Test. italki Credits Refund and Expiration Policies apply to any italki Credits purchase. Successful purchases of language tests cannot be canceled or refunded.
What should I prepare before taking the italki Language Test?
- A stable internet connection
- An updated internet browser. Chrome is recommended, but at this link, you’ll find a list of compatible browsers and devices: https://support.emmersion.ai/support/solutions/articles/60000703287-device-and-browser-requirements
- A quiet environment with little or no background noise
- A headset with a built-in microphone(Optional)
How long will the test take?
The test will ask you about 40-45 questions, which should take about 45 minutes to an hour.
However, it all depends on you. The computerized adaptive testing adapts to the examinee's ability level. There isn’t a set number of questions, and the questions won’t always be the same. For example, if you perform well on an item of intermediate difficulty, they will then be presented with a more difficult question. Or, if you performed not so well, you would be presented with a simpler question.
For the OOPT test, please make sure that you click “submit” at the last step to complete your test within the one-hour time limit. Otherwise, you won't get a score as the exam didn't finish in time.
When and where can I see my result on the language test on italki?
After successfully submitting your answers, you can find the test result on the Language Test Page under “My Results”.
- The result of the italki Language Test will be imported right away. There is no badge yet but we will be working on it!
- OOPT result and score will be imported with a badge displayed on your Profile page within 3 days after the test. You can check your result and detailed score by clicking the badge.
If you have completed multiple tests, only the highest level will be displayed.
What should I do if I don't want to show my OOPT result on italki?
You can go to your Profile page, click Edit Profile > Oxford Online Placement Test, click the edit icon to change your OOPT privacy settings if you don't want the result to be public.