If your teacher does not show up for the appointed online lesson, follow the below steps:
1. Check your Lesson Messages and SKYPE messages to see if the Teacher left you a message tried to contact you. Teachers sometimes have emergencies too.
We advise that before immediately marking a lesson as a problem to give the Teacher a few hours to attempt to respond to you before marking it as a problem.
2. If there are no messages from your teacher, then select "There was a Problem" on the Lesson Detail Page.
3. Select "Reached a prior agreement" if you have reached a prior agreement with the teacher.
Or, select "The teacher did not attend the lesson" (note the teacher will get a Missed Attendance Mark and a Warning because of this)
4. Select your desired resolution. You can "Reschedule the lesson" or "Return the lesson credits to the student"
5. After you submit this as a problem, the teacher has 7 days to respond.
- If the teacher agrees, then the problem will be resolved according to your request.
- If the teacher disagrees, then this will be recorded as a "dispute" and enter "dispute resolution"
- If the teacher does not respond at all, then the problem will be resolved according to your request.
If the teacher disagrees with your request, the problem will enter "dispute resolution". italki will then arbitrate the dispute. All italki staff decisions are final.