If your teacher does not show up for the appointed online lesson, follow the below steps:
1. Check your italki Messages and Skype to see if your teacher left you a message. We recommend giving your teacher a few hours before to respond before marking a lesson as a problem. Teachers sometimes have emergencies too.
2. If there are no messages from your teacher, then select "There was a problem" on the lesson details page.
3. Select "Reached a prior agreement to reschedule lesson or receive a refund" if you have reached a prior agreement with your teacher.
4. Or, select "The teacher didn't attend and didn't give prior notice" (the teacher will get a Missed Attendance Mark and a Warning because of this).
4. Select your desired resolution. You can "Reschedule the lesson" or "Return the lesson credits to the student"
5. After you submit this as a problem, the teacher has 7 days to respond.
- If the teacher agrees, then the problem will be resolved according to your request.
- If the teacher disagrees, then this will be recorded as a "dispute" and enter "dispute resolution".
- If the teacher does not respond, then the problem will be resolved according to your request.
If the teacher disagrees with your request, the problem will enter Dispute Resolution. italki will then arbitrate the dispute. Decisions made by italki are final.