Things you need to know before deactivating your account
- Your profile will disappear from the italki service immediately.
- You will not receive any more emails from italki.
- Messages you sent to other users, questions you answered, corrections you made, or discussions you posted in Community, will remain visible.
- Search engines such as Google may still have links to your italki profile for a few weeks. As the information on your profile page will be updated (removed), the search engine will remove these results by itself upon regular updates.
How do I delete my italki account?
- Hover on your Profile Picture and click Settings to visit your italki Settings Page.
2. Select the Privacy tab and click "DEACTIVATE".
3. Click Next if you have previously completed lessons with your teachers but would like to proceed.
4. Let us know why you have decided to leave and click DEACTIVATE.
If you are a teacher on italki, you will need to contact support to cancel your teacher account first so that you can deactivate your italki user account.
If you are just looking to change your italki login account, check How do I change my italki login email?