Every italki user has a User ID number. If you are using a free membership, then the URL for your italki profile is www.italki.com/user/XXXXXX where the Xs represent your User ID number.
If you are a Premium Member or a teacher, you have the ability to set your own custom profile URL.
Your custom URL will look like something like this:
This makes it easy for you to share your profile with others. Whether you are a language learner looking for a language exchange partner or a teacher looking for students, setting a custom URL means that you can have a more memorable profile URL to share with others.
What You Should Know Before Changing Your URL
- After you change your URL, your old URL will still work.
- You can only create 1 custom URL and can only change it once.
- Your URL must be between 6 - 20 characters ("A-Z", "0-9", ".", "-", "_"), and can't start with a number or punctuation mark.
- Capitalization is not important. If you type "John.Smith", it will become "john.smith" in the URL. If someone types "italki.com/John.Smith", then they will still be directed to your profile "italki.com/john.smith"
How to Customize Your URL
1. Go to "Account Settings" and click on "Select a Personal URL" next to "Personal URL".
2. Follow the instructions to create your custom URL.