Sync through italki App
If you are using the italki app on your mobile device, your Lessons will be automatically synced as long as you have enabled italki's access to your Calendar. (Lessons not synced? Troubleshoot here)
Subscribe to italki
To subscribe to italki Calendar's so that you can sync your lessons on your laptop or a third-party Calendar, you will need to:
- Step 1: Get an italki Calendar subscription link
- Step 2: Add it to your Mac, your iOS devices, or Google Calendar.
Get an italki Calendar subscription link
- Hover on your profile picture and click “Calendar” to view your italki Calendar and check all your lessons.
- Click “Get iCalendar Feed”
- Copy the link so that you can use it in a third-party calendar such as Apple Calendar or Google calendar to sync your italki events on them.
Add italki Calendar to your Mac, iOS devices, or Google Calendar
Add italki Calendar to your Mac
You can set up a new iCloud calendar subscription on your Mac by following the steps below
- In Calendar, choose File > New Calendar Subscription.
- Enter the calendar’s web address, then click Subscribe.
- Enter a name for the calendar and choose a color to help you identify it on your calendar.
- Choose iCloud/On My Mac from the Location menu, then click OK.
Check more info about adding a Calendar to your Mac on Apple’s help page here.
Add italki Calendar to your iOS devices
- Make sure italki has access to your Calendar. Then lessons will be automatically added to your calendar on your device.
- If you want to manually add the URL.
- Go to Settings > Calendar > Accounts > Add Account > Other
- Tap Add Subscribed Calendar.
- Enter the URL you just copied to subscribe to italki
Check more info about adding a Calendar to your iOS devices on Apple’s help page here.
Add italki Calendar to your Google Calendar
- open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to "Other calendars," click Add and then From URL.
- Enter the URL you just copied in the field provided.
- Click Add calendar. The calendar will appear on the left side under "Other calendars."
It might take up to 12 hours for changes to show in your Google Calendar.
Check more info on Google’s help page here > Add using a link if you are using other devices.
I can't find my italki lessons on my Calendar / Lessons are not synced to my phone.
Some events might not be synced to your Calendar immediately, which depends on the update mechanism. In addition, you might want to check your Calendar (or Calendar Privacy) settings on your iPhone, on other devices, or with your Google Calendar and make sure italki has access to your Calendar.
Calendar Settings on iPhone
1. iPhone Privacy Settings
Open iPhone Settings > Privacy > Calendars, make sure italki is enabled to access your Calendar.
2. iPhone Calendar app
Open the Calendar app on your iPhone, click "Calendars" at the bottom. Make sure the "italki app" under iCloud is enabled.
3. iPhone Calendar settings
Open iPhone Settings > Calendar, check Calendar settings on your phone.
Calendar Settings on other devices
Please Google "calendar privacy settings + your phone model"
Google Calendar Settings
Open Google Calendar on your device, click the hamburger icon on the top left corner, under your account, enable "italki Lessons" to make them appear on your Calendar.