iCalendar (*.ics extension) is a popular file format used to distribute calendar information between different applications over the internet. You can now synchronize your italki session schedules with popular calendar programs such as:
- Apple iCal
- Microsoft Outlook
- Mozilla Lightning
Please note that you only need to enter your iCalender feed once. Each time that you try to import your iCalendar feed, you will receive an entirely new iCalendar URL.
1. Click on the "Lessons" drop-down menu.
2. Click calendar, then select "Get iCalendar Feed" on the right hand side.
Google Calendar Instructions
1. Click on the arrow next to "Other Calendars" and select "Add URL", a pop-up window will appear.
2. Copy and paste the iCalendar Feed URL into the Google Calendar
Please note that it has been reported that Google has problems with iCal feeds with using "https://". This may cause your iCal feed to not sync with Google Calendar. To correct this problem, just use the "http://" (drop the "s" from the URL)
3. Your italki iCalendar Feed is now imported into your Google Calendar. Your upcoming sessions will appear in a different color.
Apple iCal Instructions
Microsoft Outlook Instructions
5. In the Subscription Options dialog box, you can optionally rename the calendar. Make sure the box is checked in the Update Limit section.