Updated V0.3: July 23, 2018
- *NEW* Support for Apple Safari Browser
- *NEW* Support several China Browsers - 360 browser, QQ browser and Baidu. *
- *NEW* Support for iOS 11.0 on Apple iPad
The italki Classroom is in beta testing so only select lessons will be italki Classroom enabled. If you have an italki Classroom lesson and want to try the italki Classroom, please read more:
- New Lesson Request
- Start Your Lesson!
- Screen Sharing Function (currently only for Google Chrome Browsers)
- Current Limitations and Beta Testing
NEW LESSON REQUEST
New italki Classroom enabled lesson requests will have italki Classroom as the Communication Tool. You can Accept, Decline, Change Date/Time, Change Price for this lesson.
GET SET UP!
1. 24hrs before the lesson starts, the button in the lesson detail page will change from Change date/time into View Lesson:
More than 24hrs before the lesson starts:
Within 24 hours before the lesson starts
2. Clicking on View Lesson will take you to the Classroom welcome screen (see below). If this is your first time using the Classroom (or if you’re using the Classroom on a new computer), your browser will prompt you to allow italki.com to access your camera and microphone.
Again, this is to provide italki.com platform permission to access your camera and microphone to enter the italki Classroom. Your lesson content is private. italki does not have access to your video or audio content and we do not record video or audio of any part of a lesson in the italki Classroom.
Google Chrome - Allow camera + microphone:
Mozilla Firefox - Allow camera + microphone:
Safari - Allow camera + microphone:
START YOUR LESSON!
1. When you enter the italki Classroom, you will see a countdown timer until the lesson begins. The lesson will automatically start at the scheduled time. When the lesson time starts you and your student will be in the classroom.
2. If you experience connection problems on italki Classroom, you have access to your student’s details (and they to yours) from the ‘Connection problems?’ link.
3. After your italki Classroom is complete, go ahead and confirm by selecting EVERYTHING WAS OK or I HAD PROBLEMS
SCREEN SHARING FUNCTION
Screen Sharing is a function that currently only works for Google Chrome Browsers.
To turn on Screen Sharing, click on the Screen Share button on the italki Classroom Toolbar at the bottom of the page.
A pop-up Window from Google Chrome will ask for Sharing permission. Click on the Share button.
Now you will be sharing your screen!
To turn off Screen Share click on the Stop sharing bar first then you will need to also click on the Screen Share button on the italki Classroom Toolbar.
CURRENT LIMITATIONS AND BETA TESTING
Please note that this is the first version of the italki Classroom and the functionality is limited to Video, Voice and Messaging Chat. We current do not offer other advanced functions such as file sharing, large file transfer. We will be adding these features in updated versions of the italki Classroom.
If you do test the italki Classroom, we'd like to hear your feedback if you use it. You can always send us an email to email@example.com!