The new message system has a number of key features:
1. Notifications are now sent through the message system
2. You can now chat with your teachers and friends
If you click your teacher or friend's nickname, you will be redirected to their user profile.
3. Lesson notifications are now sent through the message system
4. You can recall or edit messages sent within 2 minutes
5. All lesson messages and Package messages are now sent through the message system
After clicking on the Send message button, you will be redirected to the chat and can message your student or teacher from there.
6. You can now view another user’s profile by clicking on their profile photo
7. You can now receive friend requests from the italki Notification channel
8. You can close conversations
If you would like to no longer view a conversation with someone, you can click “Close Conversation” from the “Options” drop down menu.
9. We’re adding an Action Required channel
It will include notifications for new lesson requests (for teachers), lesson time change requests, lesson price change requests, lesson problem requests, and lesson reschedule requests.
10. We have simplified the design of lesson notifications between student and teacher