You may remember that last year we released the beta.italki.com and promised to release optimized features for teachers in the future. On April 2nd 2019 we will be releasing a new teacher site, teach.italki.com. This site will serve as the foundation for future improvements in products and services for teachers.
Please see below for the full list of changes. For convenient lesson management and to respond to messages you may download italki’s APP from here.
- Your Teacher Wallet will only be accessible via teach.italki.com.
- Lesson Requests can be found under "Action Required" on your dashboard and in messages
- To alternate between student and teacher mode
- Click your profile photo (top right-hand side) and from the drop-down menu select “Switch to Teacher Mode” or “Switch to Learning Mode”
- To manage your lessons or make any changes in Teacher Settings, please use teach.italki.com.
- To leave feedback for a student after a lesson is completed (leaving feedback for a student is optional)
- Go to “Completed lessons”, click on the lesson card and click “Leave Feedback”
- Instant Tutoring will be removed and will be replaced with a new and improved feature in the future.
- Current course information (including description and prices) will be migrated to teach.italki.com. Please assign categories and tags to your lessons which will enable them to be visible in the search results.
- Your contact list (friends, teachers) will be moved to the teach.italki.com.
- Your lessons will be divided into 2 lists based on lessons taught and taken. This will make searching for past Lesson Details easier.
- The previous category named Informal Tutoring will be renamed Conversation Practice. Any changes made to Conversation Practice will not appear on italki.com other than the price.
- In order to reduce confusion and to protect both teachers and students, we are updating italki’s Teacher Policy and Teacher Code Of Conduct and removing individual cancellation policies.
- Professional Teachers will be able to create 6 lessons per language.
- Community Tutors will be able to create 3 lessons under the new lesson categories General and Conversation Practice.