You may remember that last year we released the beta.italki.com and promised to release optimized features for teachers in the future. On April 2nd 2019 we will be releasing a new teacher site, teach.italki.com. This site will serve as the foundation for future improvements in products and services for teachers.
Please see below for the full list of changes.
- Your Teacher Wallet will only be accessible via teach.italki.com.
- You can switch between your teacher and student profile in Settings.
- All teacher profiles will be moved to teach.italki.com (but will still be visible on italki.com). To manage your lessons or make any changes in Teacher Settings, please use teach.italki.com.
- Instant Tutoring will be removed and will be replaced with a new and improved feature in the future.
- 45 minute and 90 minute lesson durations will be removed due to low demand and to simplify the lesson booking process. Scheduled lessons and incomplete Lesson Packages will not be affected.
- Current course information (including description and prices) will be migrated to teach.italki.com. Please organize your courses using the new categories and tags on teach.italki.com so your courses will appear in future search results.
- Your contact list (friends, teachers) will be moved to the teach.italki.com.
- Your lessons will be divided into 2 lists based on lessons taught and taken. This will make searching for past Lesson Details easier.
- The previous category named Informal Tutoring will be renamed Conversation Practice. Any changes made to Conversation Practice will not appear on italki.com other than the price.
- In order to reduce confusion and to protect both teachers and students, we are updating italki’s Teacher Policy and Teacher Code Of Conduct and removing individual cancellation policies.
- Professional Teachers will be able to create 6 lesson categories per language.
- Community Tutors will be able to create 3 lesson categories under the new lesson categories General and Conversation Practice. italki.com allows the creation of 1 lesson category, teach.italki.com allows the creation of 3 lesson categories. Of the 3 lesson categories on teach.italki.com only the 1st lesson category will be shown on italki.com