What should I write?
- Details about how your background, experience, qualifications, or certificates prepares you to teach.
- Any specific teaching methods or materials that you typically use during your lessons.
- A description of what kind of students you are looking for, or usually work with. If the student feels that you are describing them, then they will know that you can help them!
- A sentence in another language that you speak. Seeing their own native language on your profile can help students feel more comfortable learning from you!
- If you offer Trial Lessons: A description of what a student can expect during a trial lesson.
- Prerequisites? Is there anything the student should have or should do in advance?
Please DO NOT write:
- Private contact information. Students will contact you through italki messages or lesson requests.
- Links to sites or services where students can book lessons. You should keep your italki students learning on italki.
- Advertisements or links to other products or services. Your italki profile is for your italki lessons and not for advertising other things to students.
These introductions are also used by italki to show to potential students and as a description for your teacher profile.
"About Me" Introduction
This one is important because this is what appears when students search for a teacher in "Find a Teacher".
We feel that it is a great place to give students a fantastic first impression. If the student is interested, then they will click on your profile to learn more about you and your lessons. If you aren’t sure what to write, you might try something like these starters:
- I specialize in …
- If you want to improve your …
- I can help students who ....
- My students ....
We recommend that if you specialize in a certain topic or in helping certain students, that you include this. It will help students that need this find you more quickly.
How do I edit my introductions?
It is very easy to change your introductions. For the other sections, go to your Teaching Settings.
First, click on "Teaching Settings" on the top of the page. Next, click on "Teacher Profile" >"Introduction".
I am in the process of completing my application. I had all the sections of my About Me introduction completed yesterday and today they are gone, but everything else I submitted remains. Might you know why this has happened?
Hola. Yo ya terminé mi solicitud, pero me llegó un correo de que ahorita no necesitan maestro de español. ¿Debo esperar a que me contacte o debo a hacer otra solicitud después?
Oi, estou com dificuldades em prosseguir na etapa após a exibição do vídeo e, posteriormente, a etapa de número 4 que não consigo salvá-la e continuá-la. Como devo proceder ? Já enviei uma mensagem para o Customer Service por duas vezes até que descobri este canal para me auxiliar. Grata pela atenção.
Hola a Todos , estoy en proceso de aprobación de mi perfil para tutor. Me parece muy interesante todos los items planteados para su evaluación y aprendizaje. gracias Italki
Oi, não estou conseguindo finalizar a etapa 4 do cadastro como tutora. Atenciosamente.
Article is closed for comments.