Time Stamps: 0:00 Before the Lesson, 1:48 During the Lesson, 3:23 After the Lesson
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
A confirmed Lesson is a commitment you make with a student. Reschedule or cancel as a last resort and only after you have communicated this with your student.
We have a standardized lesson cancellation and rescheduling policy that applies to all teachers and students. Teachers cannot create their own policies.
- More than 24 hours before the lesson starts it's possible to reschedule when the student and the teacher agree (this must be done via the italki platform)
- More than 24 hours before the lesson starts, it is possible for either side to cancel the lesson.
- Within 24 hours of the lesson start time: It's not possible to reschedule or cancel before the lesson starts time. After the lesson end time has passed, click "There was a problem", and select a resolution option.
In emergencies where a large number of lessons need to be canceled, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further help.
Start and end your lessons on time
- Connect with your student on the agreed communication platform before the lesson time to avoid any potential technical problems.
- Start the lesson at the time scheduled with the student, and initiate contact with the student.
- Politely let students know that their lessons are ending by reminding them before the end of the lesson time period.
Wait for your late student
If a student is late, be available to teach during the entire booked lesson time. However, teachers are not expected to make up lesson time lost due to student tardiness and are not required to continue the lesson beyond the official end time.
The lesson didn’t happen on time
If a scheduled lesson can’t be completed on time, italki encourages teachers and students to come to an agreement by reporting a lesson problem. Please always keep any relevant information about the uncompleted lesson in case it needs italki’s mediation.
If a student fails to attend a lesson, it is your right to be paid in full. However, we do recommend considering allowing the student to reschedule if the student had an accident, an emergency, or it was an honest misunderstanding.