Following user feedback on the italki Message System, we have released the following new features:
- We have added an Action Required channel. This will contain messages related to lessons that require you to perform an action. All actions can be performed directly in this channel, and when you click on the card you will be taken to the lesson detail page.
- For 1-on-1 conversations between you and your student or teacher, a 30 minute reminder will appear in the channel before the lesson starts. You can click on the lesson card to go to the lesson detail page.
- 1-on-1 conversations between you and your student or teacher will be separated from the Lesson Notification channel, which is now its own channel.
- If you are an italki Community user, all Community related notifications will appear in a new Community Notification channel.
- The new Account Notification channel has replaced the italki Notification channel. It includes all finance and teacher related notifications. For example, a successful italki Credit purchase or a notification about your italki Teacher application.
Notification channels will only appear if you have notifications. For example, the Community channel will only appear if you have a notification from italki Community.
To close a channel you can go to “Options” on the top right corner and choose “Close Conversation”.