What's “Featured Teacher”?
Featured Teacher is your chance to be featured in the new italki Community and reach thousands of potential students.
To become a Featured Teacher, you will need to submit a language learning article or video, and 3-7 topics for the Exercises section in Community. We’re looking for content that will make students excited to learn, so creativity is a must!
To apply for Featured Teacher, you’ll need:
- A Language Learning Article or Video
Useful tips, fun facts, anything that will engage and enlighten potential students! We accept Google Doc links, Word documents, and PDFS. For video, we accept YouTube links with content like this.
- Topics for the Exercise section in Community
This could be a mixture of writing or audio exercises. Asking students to creatively express themselves and through voice and writing is highly encouraged.
- Write about something about your childhood, try to use the subjunctive mood.
- Record yourself describing your hometown. Write down the words which are difficult for you to pronounce.
Each Featured Teacher will be featured in:
- The new Community (the top banner and in the Daily Practice section).
- The Community newsletter.
- Dedicated Facebook and Instagram posts.
Instagram, Facebook & Community Newsletter
What Happens Next
If your application is successful, we’ll reach out to you before we upload your content. Your content will be posted under #FeaturedTeacher.
During the time that you're titled as Featured Teacher, you need to be available to help students who post under your topics. Answering questions, correcting exercises, and being available really helps with exposure! You don’t need to be available all day— 30 minutes to an hour is enough.
Interested? Once you’ve created your content and have your topics ready, click below.