1. Applicants with higher qualifications and more work experience will have priority
2. Not all applications will be accepted.
3. Teachers must be ready to teach immediately
For all applicants, italki’s application process consists of these steps:
- Application submission (via https://teach.italki.com)
- Application review
- Pre-Approved or Rejection of application (applicants will be notified via email within 10 business days)
- Watch 12 Teacher Success Videos, answer the quiz and fill in the survey (must be completed)
- Book a group video Call with italki Teacher Services (must be completed)
- Please complete steps 4 and 5 within 10 days of the Pre-Approved email being sent to you, or your application will be rejected
Minimum Requirements for Applicants of all languages
Type 1 - University Qualification
Type 2 - Teaching Qualification
You will be assessed based on your video. Please ensure your video meets our requirements.
Commonly Asked Questions:
1. I forgot to attach certificates/work experience and I want to change my video, can I make changes?
Your application will be under review and changes are no longer accepted after submission. Please check your application before submitting it.
2. Can I send a Youtube video link instead of uploading a video?
We no longer accept YouTube links. To ensure that teacher's videos are accessible by students in different countries and areas, we kindly ask all applicants to upload videos that meet our requirements.
3. I'm a native English speaker but I can also speak Italian. Can I apply to be an
Each applicant can only choose one teacher type, either Professional Teacher or Community Tutor.
4. What are the differences between Professional Teachers and Community Tutors?
|Professional Teacher||Community Tutor|
|Minimum Lesson Price (including packages)||8$/lesson||4$/lesson|
|Maximum lesson number||6 for each teaching language||3 for each teaching language|
|Lesson Category Options||General, Business, Test Preparation,
Kids, Conversation Practice
|General, Conversation Practice|
|Credential on Teacher Profile Options||Work Experience, Education, Certificate(s)||None|