There are two types of teaching profile on italki - Professional Teacher or Community Tutor and each applicant can only choose one teacher type. You cannot apply to be an English Professional Teacher and Italian Community Tutor for example.
- Professional teachers have training as educators and/or extensive professional teaching experience. They can provide students with resources, prepared materials, and structured lesson plans to help students reach their goals.
- To apply for a professional teaching profile, you must upload documents showing your training and experience as an educator.
- Check the minimum requirements here.
- Community tutors are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and use their time to provide students with conversation practice.
- To apply to be a community tutor, you must be a native speaker of the language or are at C2 level.
What are the differences between professional teacher and community tutor?
Want to upgrade from community tutor to professional teacher? Check here.