There are two types of teaching profile on italki - Professional Teacher or Community Tutor. Each applicant can only choose one teacher type. You cannot apply to be an English Professional Teacher and Italian Community Tutor for example.
- Professional teachers have training as educators and/or extensive professional teaching experience. They can provide students with resources, prepared materials, and structured lesson plans to help students reach their goals.
- To apply for a professional teaching profile, you must upload documents showing your training and experience as an educator.
- Check the minimum requirements here.
- Community tutors are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and use their time to provide students with conversation practice.
- To apply to be a community tutor, you must be a native speaker of the language or are at C2 level.
What are the differences between professional teacher and community tutor?
|Professional Teacher||Community Tutor|
|Minimum lesson price (including packages)||USD 10 per lesson||USD 5 per lesson|
|Maximum lesson number||6 for each teaching language||3 for each teaching language|
|Lesson category options||General, Conversation Practice, Business, Test Preparation, Kids||General, Conversation Practice|
|Credential on teacher profile options||Work experience, education, certificates||None|
Want to upgrade from community tutor to professional teacher? Check here.