To apply as a teacher, please follow these steps:
- Submit an application on https://teach.italki.com (via a computer or laptop, not available on the phone or app). Applicants will be notified of the result within 10 business days.
- Complete the following onboarding process within 10 calendar days upon receiving a pre-approval email.
- Upload your identity document (How to pass ID verification?)
- Watch Teacher Success Videos, answer a quiz, and book a group video call with italki Teacher Services (How to book a pre-approval call?)
Your application will be approved within 3 business days after the video call. Once you've set up your lessons and calendar, you can start to teach!
A few tips:
- Before you apply, please check which teacher type you want to apply for. You can only choose one teacher type.
Difference between Professional Teacher and Community Tutor
If you first apply to become a Community Tutor, you can later upgrade to Professional Teacher.
Can a Community Tutor upgrade to a Professional Teacher?
- As a teacher, you need to have the minimum requirements for technology.
What are the technology requirements for italki teachers?
- Once you’ve submitted your application, you can’t edit or cancel it unless you contact italki Support.
- If you need help with preparing an introduction video, please check this page: How do I record and upload a video to italki?
- Once you’ve become a teacher, you can update your profile such as your intro video, adding another teaching language, etc.